Over the past 29 years the Community Resource Center has hosted the Volunteer Recognition Banquet and Fundraiser for area organizations to put a spotlight on those who go the extra mile to make their organization and, in turn, the community successful. The CRC is proud to provide this opportunity and deliver a fun filled evening at the same time. This year the theme is “VOLUNTEERS – Reflecting on the Past…Looking into the Future” recognizing Claire Reck Award winners from 1988 to the present, as well as honoring all of the current nominees.
The 2017 event is on Saturday, November 4th at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea. The price per attendee is $50; $45 if you register by Friday, October 6th. If you are attending with a group, please let us know. The new table/room configurations allow a little more flexibility for larger groups. Cocktails and appetizers start at 6:00 p.m. and dinner at 7:00 p.m. Volunteer recognition will take place throughout the evening with the special award winners announced at the end of the event. The Banquet also has a wonderful silent auction fundraiser going with many new items this year in addition to some old favorites. Back by popular demand – a few select items will once again be auctioned “live” during the event. We hope to wrap up the evening around 10:00 p.m. with the announcement of the winning auction bids.
Area organization representatives can follow these easy steps to nominate one or more “super” volunteers:
• Fill out a Volunteer Recognition Nomination Form. Include information on why your nominee is so valuable to your organization, plus any other volunteer activities, past or present, he/she may be involved in.
• Ask your nominee to make his/her dinner choice, and include this information for any other guests your organization is paying for. A convenient Dinner Reply Form is available here.
• If you have more than one nominee, please fill-out a form for each person unless you are nominating them as a group, in which case provide information on their collective effort.
• Include a check payable to the Community Resource Center. The cost is $50 per person. Early registration incentive – save $5 per person – if you send in your payment by October 6th.
• Turn in your nomination no later than Friday, October 6, 2017 to insure your nominee is included in the selection for special awards and the program.
• If you are nominating an individual for the D. Little-B. Rhees Posthumous Award, please use the special form for that nomination.
Thank you for participating in this nomination process. We look forward to hearing from your organization, and seeing you and your nominee(s) on Saturday, November 4th!
The 30th Annual Volunteer Recognition Banquet and CRC Fundraiser Committee
Still have questions? Please call the CRC at 734-428-7722.
Contribute to the CRC
You can Get Our Latest News by Email; just enter your info below
Our Sponsors and Partners
- Chelsea Wellness Foundation
- Kiwanis of Manchester
- Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce
- Manchester Community Schools
- Manchester Lions Club
- Manchester Wellness Coalition
- MSU Extension
- SJMHS Chelsea Community Hospital
- Village of Manchester
- Washtenaw County Office of Community & Economic Development
- Washtenaw Health Plan/WIC
- Worth Repeating
- Area Churches and Civic Organizations
- Local Businesses
Our Contact Information
Manchester Community Resource Center
410 City Road
PO Box 433
Manchester, MI 48158