At the CRC, it’s our mission to learn about charitable and public programs and then connect our community members up with those who can help. This includes playing host to a variety of programs in our conveniently-located Manchester offices.
We can work with you to determine the public and charitable programs available to you and your family. We can assist you as you apply for benefits, work to find employment, and generally try to improve your current situation and prepare for a better future. Because every situation is unique, we recommend meeting with us to discuss any programs in which you are interested.
Here are just a few of the services we can provide:
– We can provide assistance in applying to MIBridges programs which include healthcare, food, emergency relief, and childcare assistance.
– We have several computers, a fax machine, a copier, and a scanner, that can be used to fill out applications for benefits and conduct job searches.
– Job seekers can get resume assistance from Washtenaw County Michigan Works at the CRC.
– Older Adults can meet with a Senior Resource Advocate from Catholic Social Service. Assistance covered includes Medicare issues, respite care referrals and more.
– We can connect you with financial coaches.
– We have volunteers to assist with reading, writing, and financial literacy.
– New parents can request baby baskets through us (provided courtesy of Manchester Ladies Society).
– We regularly host WIC, which provides special supplemental food and nutrition program for women, infants and children under age five.
– We provide free tax preparation through VITA.
– We can also refer clients to: Senior Nutrition/Meals on Wheels; Lion’s Club for eye sight and hearing assistance; county programs for heating and home repairs; Spanish-speaking DHS staff to assist migrant families; Dress for Success and more.
Believe it or not, we do even more than is listed above!
To get help with any of the above or just discuss your situation in general, please call us 734-428-7722 to make an appointment with our director.
Contribute to the CRC
You can Get Our Latest News by Email; just enter your info below
Our Sponsors and Partners
- Chelsea Wellness Foundation
- Kiwanis of Manchester
- Manchester Area Chamber of Commerce
- Manchester Community Schools
- Manchester Lions Club
- Manchester Wellness Coalition
- MSU Extension
- SJMHS Chelsea Community Hospital
- Village of Manchester
- Washtenaw County Office of Community & Economic Development
- Washtenaw Health Plan/WIC
- Worth Repeating
- Area Churches and Civic Organizations
- Local Businesses
Our Contact Information
Manchester Community Resource Center
410 City Road
PO Box 433
Manchester, MI 48158